This is an invitation for artists to display their artworks at our Victoria Falls International Airport Outdoor Gallery. AVAC Arts was registered in 2003 as one of the first online art galleries in Zimbabwe. The gallery eventually opened in Victoria Falls on 1 January 2023. There is room for new artists and artworks to be showcased, at least 600m2 is available to artists interested in having their artworks showcased and sold from our gallery.
African artists from all walks of life are invited and artworks in any media will be reviewed.
Application Open: 23 Oct 2023
Application Deadline: 23 Nov 2023
Application Fee: US$15.00 (I(ndividuals); US$35.00 (Co-operatives/Groups)
- Open to all African artists.
- Individuals: $15.00
- Co-operatives/Groups: $35.00
- Registration fees are non-refundable
- Artists receive a commission payment of sixty percent (65%) of the sales price for works sold during the exhibition period. Payments will be made to the artist(s) no later than the end of the first week of the month following a sale.
- Following the exhibition: Artists must pay a commission payment of thirty-five percent (35%) of the sales price for any work sold to a buyer who was first introduced to it while on display during this exhibition.
- Solo Exhibition Applicants must submit (5) works for review.
- Group Exhibition Applicants must submit (10) works for review.
- Both Solo and Group Applicants must submit images representative of the type of work that will be in the proposed exhibition including the full product descriptions.
- Artist/ Organization Profile (including images and logos where applicable)
- Proof of Payment (Only paid up entries will be reviewed)
- Works must be available and to be on display throughout the entire exhibition period.
- Submission images must be less than 5MB (each)* and have a minimum dimension length of 1960px.
- All submissions to be sent to email email@example.com
- Unless otherwise notified at the time of submission, the Artist gives permission to AVAC Arts to use any submission image selected by the juror to be included into the exhibition, on its website, social media posts, internal brochures and the press for promotional purposes only.
- Artists are responsible for the delivery and pick-up of works to and from the gallery.
- If selected, artists are expected to be present at the time of the opening of their exhibition.
- Although not guaranteed, AVAC Arts may provide housing for artists during the opening week of their exhibition in Victoria Falls.
Submissions and registration are to be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. By registering and submitting works into this call for entry, you agree to the above terms and conditions.
Successful candidates will be notified.