Terms & Conditions
We want you to enjoy the experience of using our website to purchase your original Zimbabwean Artwork knowing you will be fully satisfied.
Those wishing to purchase any of the artistic works displayed on our website must accept and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
We reserve the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and your continued use of the Website/Services following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is therefore your responsibility to check the Terms and Conditions regularly for any changes.
Avacarts.com (The Website) is owned and managed by AVAC Arts.
USE OF WEBSITE
You are free to use The Website for purchasing of artwork, researching and viewing and information posted on the website.
We reserve the right to amend its content without notice. While we strive to ensure the Website is always online, we will not be liable if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time we may restrict access to some parts of our Website, or our entire website, to users who have registered with us.
In the event that you are provided with a user name/identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you agree to treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. The protection of your user name/identification code and password is your responsibility. We have the right to disable any user name/identification code or password, whether chosen or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of these Terms.
COPY-WRITES AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Intellectual Property Rights
You may not reproduce information and artwork found on this website without written permission from us.
We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights on our website and in the material published on it. The Works displayed are protected by copyright laws around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Any material downloaded from our website can be for personal reference only and must not be modified in any way. It cannot be used for commercial purposes without first obtaining a license from us or our licensors.
Explanation of Copyright
Copyright gives protection to, amongst others, originators of artistic Work, providing them with the right to control the use or commercial exploitation of a Work created by them. This includes rights to authorise or prohibit copying of the Work or its adaptation.
Works which benefit from copyright protection are laid down by statute and include, “original artistic work”.
For artistic Work to be deemed “original” it must have been the result of “independent creative effort”.
Consumers in purchasing a Work acquire the title to that Work but do not obtain the right of copyright.
We retain the right to publish photographs of artifacts after they have been sold.
- We shall accept your order by email confirmation. Our email shall confirm the details of your purchase and tell you when We will disperse your order.
- If the Artwork you order is not available for any reason, we shall contact you by email and offer a full refund. We shall credit or debit your card as soon as reasonably practicable but in any event no later than thirty days from the date of your order.
- In the unlikely event that a Work of Art of is sold in the gallery just prior or simultaneously to us receiving the online sale e-mail notification from CBZ , the client in the gallery shall have first rights to purchase and you will be fully refunded.
- Should you wish to collect your Artwork then we shall check with the Artist whether this will be possible. Should you collect your Artwork from the Artist direct then the Artwork will be at your risk from the moment it is collected.
Price and Payment
- The prices for the Artwork that you order are as set out in our Website. All prices are in United States Dollars unless otherwise specified.
- We accept the following methods of payment:
- Credit / Debit Card
- We use Paynow and CBZ for online payments. Both merchants allow us to safely process your credit card payments and complete financial transactions as securely as possible. You will receive an email receipt to confirm that we have received your order.
- The Price of artwork displayed on the website is exclusive of Shipping and Handling charges. Shipping and handling is added when you make your order.
- Shipping and handling
- We automatically calculate your shipping charge when you make the order. The shipping and handling charges are included on your invoice and depend on the destination of the artwork.
- Duties & Taxes.
- Zimbabwean Customers- FREE- No duty costs apply!
- Most nations allow the importation of original art work without duty. If unsure, check with your Country’s Duty polices.
- You must pay us the full price of your order before we deliver the Artwork to you.
- Banking charges by the receiving bank on payment to us will be borne by us. All other charges relating to payment in a currency other than US Dollars will be borne by you.
- You will pay all sums due to us under these Terms and Conditions by the means specified without any set-off, deduction or counterclaim
- We will confirm the purchase price paid on CBZ matches our records (master price list) prior to shipment. In the unusual event of a discrepancy, the purchaser will be fully refunded.
RETURNS & REFUND POLICY
We strive to ensure that all Artwork purchased on this Website is to your satisfaction when we deliver to you. If the artwork is damaged, or for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund your order.
In the event that you wish to return your purchase, simply notify Us within ten (10) days from the receipt of the Work(s) of Art by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org of any intended return. You may return any Work(s) of Art acquired for a complete refund, provide that:
- The Work(s) of Art shall be returned in same condition received and within ten (10) days from the date of notification of such return.
- You are responsible for shipping the artwork back to Us, and for the costs associated with that shipment. Shipping and handling costs are non-refundable.
Your use of this website and any purchase by you on this website of Artwork, will be governed by Zimbabwean Law and will be deemed to have occurred in Zimbabwe.